This recipe was one of seven carrot cake recipes (not counting Evie’s Buffalo Times contribution) and after looking them all over, Gramma declared this one the winner.
My Best Carrot Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounce can drained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups carrot (grated)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1/4 ounce can flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, add sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Blend well with dry mixture.
- Stir in pinapple, carrots, nuts, and coconut.
- Pour into lightly greased and floured 9″x13″ pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes.
- Prick top with fork and frost while hot. (<a href=”http://recipes.llenrocweb.com/gramma-dorothy/carrot-cake-frosting/”>See Carrot Cake Frosting</a>)
Leave a Reply