by Gramma’s Gramma (Gramma Wendt)
Although these are good and easy enough to make, as Gramma says, “You can’t go wrong with Bisquick!”
Baking Powder Biscuits
- 2 cups flour (the fresher, the better)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (once again, fresh!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- Refrigerate ALL ingredients – make sure they are cold before beginning.
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Cut in the shortening with your fingers.
- Add the milk
- Don’t work the mixture too much, the dough should be very moist.
- Sprinkle some flour on a pastry cloth and dump out the dough
- Pat the dough gently out until it is about 12″ round
- Fold in half and pat out until it is a uniform, 1/2″ thick
- Use a biscuit cutter and press straight down into the dough (don’t twist as that action can seal the edges)
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned on top.