I know, this should be “Russian Tea Cakes”. Mom always called the tea cookies, so that’s how we all know them. Cake, Cookie… either way, they are my favorite Christmas treat.
Russian Tea Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups f lour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond flour (ground almonds)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and egg.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to mix.
- Form into small balls and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar when done.