- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 pounds walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1 pound dates (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and add sugar and eggs, then the ground dates and walnuts.
- Mix with sifted mixture of flour, salt and spices.
- Drop onto cookie sheets and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Store in a tightly closed container with some paper towels and a small bowl of brandy.
- They improve with age so plan ahead!
Leave a Reply