These cookies are uncontestably some of the best cookies around, and Gramma can mix, bake, and cool two batches in under 30 minutes, which is about how long they last afterwards.
Abby’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening ((Crisco))
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the margarine, Crisco, and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and blend.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in another bowl and add.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop onto cookie sheet by teaspoons.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden on top.