This recipe is very old and requires some advance preparation. Gramma says despite this, they are excellent for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg white
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together, and make a thick paste by adding the flour, cream, and salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (the original recipe says “overnight”).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the dough until 1/2″ thick and cut out into rounds about 4″ across.
- Fill with jelly, and fold over in half.
- Seal the edges with egg and brush with milk.
- Bake about 15 minutes.