Exotic Pot Roast
- 4 pounds rolled rump or top round
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces tomato sauce ((2 cans))
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds (slivered)
- 1 can Onions (drained)
- 1 can carrots (drained)
- Brown beef in oil in large saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, salt and brown.
- Combine all other ingredients (minus almonds) and pour over meat.
- Simmer 3 hours without boiling, covered.
- Can add can of drained onions and carrots to heat at end.
- Serve with almonds on top.
I don’t know about the canned onions and carrots, but this is what was on the recipe card.